Skip to main content

Foundation Combination to Banish Shine

Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing well on this fine Saturday afternoon! I have for you all today a post on how to keep oily skin shine free without having to wear extremely heavy foundations and powders! As you all probably know by now, I have super oily skin, to the point where almost nothing will control it, and I've haven't had any luck with the Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB Cream. Now though, I'm able to get my money's worth out of the product, and with the new combination that I've discovered, it not only keeps me quite matte, but there's also a great amount of coverage, all the while feeling light on the skin. Without further ado, into the magical combination we go!

As you can probably tell from the picture above, I've definitely been using the BB cream quite religiously, so much so that it shocks me! From my previous post where I talked about my experience with the Garnier BB cream, I mentioned that my skin was acting up, and that it was most likely due to wearing the Colorstay every single day to school. Well, now I've found the best of both worlds: the coverage, lasting power, matte finish of Colorstay, the lightness, breathable, moisturizing qualities of the Dr. Jart BB cream! I've been using this combination for about 2 weeks now, and yesterday I had this on from 7:00 A.M. to around 9:00 P.M. I only blotted once, not even at school like I usually do, but I blotted after school and left my skin be. When I looked in the mirror before taking it off, I noticed that not only was I not super shiny, but that my acne spots, scars, and redness were all still completely concealed!

I usually top this combination with my bareMinerals Matte powder foundation, and a light dusting covered up anything left unconcealed. When I do this combination, I take a pea sized amount of the BB cream, a dab of Colorstay, mix with my fingers and apply to my skin that way. If I have any noticeable or huge zits then I will take a tiny dab of the Colorstay on my finger and use that as a concealer. This is a great combination, especially since this BB cream used to make me so oily that it was practically unwearable. The colors of both of these together is also incredible, it is a perfect match and looks even more perfect with the powder foundation on top.

I hope this helped out some of you, and if you're having trouble with a BB cream not giving enough coverage or being too oily, then try it out with a reliable foundation and see if that works! Thank you all so much for reading, hope you enjoyed this post, and look for a new post this coming up Tuesday!

Comments