Skip to main content

Review: Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

Tarte - Smooth Operatorâ„¢ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
Image Credit to Sephora.com

Hello everyone! Today I'm bringing to you yet another review on yet another powder type product. I'm sure by now you would know what it is from the title... but just in case, it's the Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder. Such a long name, but anyway, let's get straight into the review!

All right, to the important stuff: I really wanted to like this, and I used it for a while thinking that it worked amazingly; I had read reviews on this product being the miracle worker for oily skin, keeping people matte all day long; I had thought this was going to be the HG for me when I need to touch up. Now, all these things that I just listed are very exciting, but I didn't get any results with them. NONE. AT ALL. Instead, I was still very oily and shiny, and this powder broke me out so badly that if I used it, I would have a few new zits within either the same day or the next day. The good thing about this is that it makes the pores practically disappear. Two other good things are: absolutely not cakey, and translucent. I also heard that there's an ingredient in this that can cause breakouts since it's the one that makes the pores look like they don't exist. The overall look is quite a beautiful soft focus effect, but I don't think that it's worth the painful cystic zits that develop.

I really wanted to like this powder, but I'm glad I only bought a sample off of Amazon because otherwise I would be sorely missing my $28. My next posts are going to be positive, I promise! We're all have different skin, so even though this didn't work for me, maybe it'll work for you, it just depends on your skin, so give it a whirl if you're interested!

Comments