Skip to main content

Summer Base Essentials

Hey everyone; I hope you're all doing well. As promised, I'm doing another post and today, I'm going to share with you all my summer foundation essentials.

1. Sunscreen: The best sunscreen that I have found is this CoTz Face sunscreen for lighter skin tones. It's a great primer that absorbs oil and protects your skin at the same time. This is a mineral sunscreen, meaning that the main ingredients consist of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. You can find this here for $19.99. I'll be doing an in-depth review on this sunscreen in a later post.




2. Foundation: The foundation that I have been wearing everyday this summer is the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation. I have this in the shade Fiji and Gobi. With this foundation, I don't even need a concealer because it has such great coverage. Since it's summer right now and I do have a bit of color, I'm using Fiji by itself. I will also be doing an in-depth review on this foundation in a post coming up.



3. Powder: I've been using the Covergirl Clean Oil Control pressed powder recently. It does a decent job a controlling oil, but my skin is just so oily that nothing really keeps me matte for long. It's a good enough powder in the sense that it gives me a matte finish without looking cakey or fake. I will probably be doing a powder comparison for oil skin in an upcoming blog post, so look out for that!


As this post is simply dedicated to base makeup, I'm not going to go into blushes, bronzers, highlighters, etc.

I hope this has given you all some inspiration into formulating your best summer base. If any of you have product recommendations for oily skin, please leave them in the comments below!

Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day!

Comments