Skip to main content

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo Review



Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. I apologize for the lack of posts, but University is eating up all of my time. That being said, I thought this would be the perfect post to make! If you're short on time in the mornings but still want gorgeously refreshed hair, look no further than this amazing dry shampoo to refresh your hair.

Today, I'm bringing to you a review of the Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) dry shampoo. For everyone out there with dark hair, have no worries; this is completely invisible once rubbed in.

Q: Where can I buy it?
A: Sephora stores, sephora.com, Ulta stores, ulta.com, livingproof.com

Q: How much does it cost?
A: Full size: $23 USD; Mini: $13 USD

Q: How much do I get in one bottle?
A: Full size: 4.0 oz; Mini: 1.8 oz

Q: What's the packaging like?
A: This dry shampoo comes in a slate gray aerosol can with a white cap. Very chic looking.

Q: Will it suit my hair?
A: If you have oily hair, dark hair, light hair, hair that needs a refresh, then this is for you!

Q: Is the scent going to give me a headache?
A: No! This smells like a perfume and it's not cloying at all. This is so important to me since I've tried dry shampoos in the past that I've either returned or tossed because the scent would give me a headache within 20 minutes.

Q: When do I use it?
A: Anytime I want to refresh my hair. I shower at night, so sometimes I'll spritz some of this into my hair in the morning to combat oils during the summer. This would also be great if you've had a long day and wanted a hair refresh before going out to dinner. This will work amazingly to stretch washes as well.

Q: What are the ingredients?
A: Isobutane, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Cellulose, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Citronellyl Methylcrotonate, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Hydrated Silica, Cetrimonium Chloride, Zeolite, Ethylcellulose, Octoxynol-10, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water/Eau/Aqua, Fragrance/Parfum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenethyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Coumarin.

*ingredient taken from ulta.com

Q: What's the texture like?
A: Upon spraying into the hair, it's quite powdery. It doesn't feel wet at all and once it's rubbed in, it disappears.

Q: What're the pros?
A: This is the only dry shampoo I use. I have the mini(travel) size and it's lasted for months now. It doesn't have an offensive scent, and it actually cleans the hair without building up too much gunk. I have black hair and it doesn't leave a white cast of any kind once it's rubbed in. My hair feels light and refreshed after using this. There's a definite reason why so many people love this dry shampoo!

Q: What are the cons?
A: Just the price. This is $23 for the full size and $13 for the mini size, which I have. This does last a long time, but I don't use it everyday and I imagine with everyday use that you'll have to restock often and that can get expensive. 

Q: Would I repurchase?
A: Yes! I've had many mini bottles of this, and haven't yet found the need to buy the full size yet, but I probably will replace it once it runs out since it's so handy to have.

Conclusion: If you've had no luck with other dry shampoos due to white cast in dark hair, cloying scents, or heavy buildup with no clean feeling, definitely go and pick up a mini of this dry shampoo to try out! It's the only dry shampoo that I've used regularly that does everything it says without giving me a headache from the scent. 

That's all for me today, so thank you all so much for reading. If you've tried this dry shampoo, let me know how you liked it by leaving me a comment below. I'll talk to you all again soon with another post - it won't be as long of radio silence this time, promise! :)

Comments

  1. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Psychological Counselling Slough

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment