Skip to main content

Chanel Les Beiges Water Fresh Tint Medium Light | Review

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you're all doing well. Summer has set in long ago here and it's sweltering Every. Single. Day. So, I thought now would be a great time to review the new Chanel Les Beiges Water Fresh Tint!


Price/Availability : I purchased this on Macys.com because I had a cash back offer of 16% form RetailMeNot.com. This is a very pricey item, coming in at $65 for 1 oz / 30 mL of product. It does come with its own brush, which I believe attributes to the pricing. This can also be purchase on a number of sites, such as Chanel.com, Neiman Marcus, Saks, and Bloomingdales, just to name a few places that I saw this offered.

Packaging: This tint comes in a beautiful, tall, clear plastic bottle with a pump. It looks so elegant sitting on the table. I like the clear packaging, so you can see when you're nearing the end.


As I mentioned above, every time you buy this product, the brush is included, and I wish there was a way to have the brush be optional because I like to use this product with my fingers the best, and it's so wasteful to have a bunch of these little brushes laying around if you decide you like the product and continuously repurchase.


Finish:  Dewy/glowy. This is best for dry, normal, or combo skin types. I have extremely oily skin in the summer time, especially since it's so hot and humid here. If you're oily like me, I would stay away from this one during the summer.

Texture: This is a really interesting product in the sense that it holds pigments suspended in a serum type formulation. The coverage comes from those pigments, which you break apart with either the brush, like Chanel demos it, or with your fingers.



And this is what it looks like blended slightly. You can see the pigments starting to meld with the serum base.

Shade: This comes in 6 shades: Light, Medium Light, Medium, Medium Dark, Light Dark, and Dark. As this is a very sheer tint, the shade is quite forgiving, if the undertone fits well. I purchased the shade Medium Light because at the time, Light was out of stock on the Macy's website and I thought Medium Light would be more of a yellow tone, rather than Light, which seemed to have more pink undertones in the swatches I saw online.


Sadly, the shade Medium Light proved much too dark and almost ruddy on my skin. It was difficult to notice in indoor lighting, but once I went outside, it was starkly apparent. My skin looked way too different from my neck, which was much paler and golden. This shade pulled very pink/red on me for some reason. From the fully blended swatch above, it looks like it's a decent match for my skin, but for some reason, it doesn't look good on my face compared to my neck. It looks like I put a really ruddy/muddy bronzer all over my face.

Application: I apply 1 pump of this onto my fingers, and then straight onto my skin. I use my fingers to blend this in, rather than the brush they've provided. This provides optimum coverage without using upwards of 6 pumps. The first time I used this, I applied 1 and 1/2 pumps. I found with that amount, I could see the product sitting on top of my skin. It wasn't a good look, especially if you bought this because of the sheerness factor.

Fragrance: This product does have fragrance in it, as you can see it's included in the ingredients list. It's a floral scent that dissipates within a few minutes after application.


Ingredients: I can't find a full listing anywhere online, only on the box, pictured above.

Feel: This feels extremely wet going onto the skin, and makes the skin feel tacky to the touch all day, unless it's set with a powder. I absolutely abhor the feeling of foundation on my face, which is why I only wear mineral foundation or concealer and powder. This doesn't feel like anything on my skin if I use only 1 pump, but more than that, it felt heavy and occlusive.

Lasting power: This gets EXTREMELY oily. Now, this is also due to the fact that I have oily skin. This is a dewy product, meant to give your skin a beautiful glow. I find that this makes me so oily within a few hours, even after I set it with powder. The product also does transfer onto surfaces that touch the skin. All this being said though, it does seem to keep my skin even all day, without becoming patchy, but it does tend to break up a bit around my oiliest areas.

Final Thoughts: If you have dry, normal, or combo skin and love a sheer "foundation" that slightly evens out your skin, don't mind a bit of fragrance, and can get away with one of the shades, then definitely give this a go! For those who are acne prone, I had no issues with this clogging my pores or breaking me out at all, even after wearing it for 10+ hours at the office. This is such a beautiful product and packaging, but I can't get past the fact that it makes me turn into a grease ball within 2 hours.

Let me know in the comments below if you've tried this out and how it was for you. See you all next time!


Comments

  1. Oh no.. I've been eyeing this but I also have oily skin, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment