Skip to main content

New at the Drugstore: Revlon Aura Glow Collection | Glow Lip Oil

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing well and having a wonderful day. I just got my hands on some exciting lip products Saturday! These Revlon Glow Lip Oils are part of the new Aura Glow Collection, which just came out and is limited edition. What could be better to kick off your spring lip than a sheer, moisturizing lip oil? Well... these are on sale for only $6.99 at Ulta, and can be combined with the $3.50 coupon, which is what I did.

As I just bought these Saturday, I can only give swatches and my initial impressions, but I will most definitely do a full, detailed review post once I've used them a bit. Without further ado, let's look at some pics and swatches of these!


These come in a surprisingly heavy, thick plastic tube, and the colors of the bottle are gorgeously shimmery in the sunlight. I didn't snap a picture of the applicator, but it's a teardrop shaped doe foot. 


Here are the swatches for the two shades I chose - Good Witch and Deja Vu. Good Witch is a brighter, gorgeous spring pink with a hint of golden shimmer, which can only be seen if swatched in directed sunlight, as it in the picture above. Deja Vu is a deep, but still sheer fuchsia pink. I can't detect any kind of shimmer in this one.

As for application, I have Deja Vu on my lips right now and it feels lightweight, smooth, and moisturizing. The color payoff isn't as intense as a lipstick, but it does have a glossy shine like a lip gloss, although the texture is much thinner. These have the most amazing scent of caramel/vanilla cake batter, absolutely amazing!

Also, I've noticed that other lip oils can migrate into lip lines for some people when it dries down, but this is not the case for these. I have dry, chapped lips right now and Deja Vu, being the darker of the two colors, hasn't migrated into any lines or looked unflattering.

These can be a great dupe or starting point if you're thinking about trying out a lip oil for the glowy, effortless, spring look. Overall, based on my first impressions, definitely give these a try since they're on sale at Ulta right now!

I'll keep this post short and sweet as it's just my first impressions, but I will definitely either do a full review or include it in a favorites post once I've tried these out some more.

Have you tried these? I haven't seen or heard of anyone else's review/first impressions, so let me know in a comment, tweet me @codeinbeauty, or comment on my instagram @anengineersbeautydiary.

Thank you all so much for reading, and see you next time! :)

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the wonderful blog and such nice information. Hope to read more about your experience. Follow haute her natural tips Beauty tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the fantastic work! 24k Gold Camellia Oil Lip Gloss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment