Skip to main content

What's in My Everyday Makeup Bag

Hello everyone! Today I have for you a collaboration post with Gigi from Gigi's Kitchen all about what's in our makeup bags! My daily makeup is really simple, but I for one always enjoy watching/reading about what everyone's staple products are, so here's a look into mine.
 
All right, this is my makeup bag from Lancome, and an overview of all the products that I use on a daily basis.

I don't use many products everyday, mostly due to the fact that I don't have much time to do my makeup before school every morning. So, starting off with the base, these are my very first staple items. I mix the Colorstay foundation with my Neutrogena moisturizer for sensitive skin every morning. I usually just use half a pump of my moisturizer and the same amount of foundation. This combination gives me the most perfect coverage, and texture. Also, I don't use a primer anymore, instead I do my daily morning skincare routine and with this mixture it's moisturizing enough for me.

I will attempt mixing the shades together if I need to, but the one on the left, 180 Sand Beige, is a bit too dark and pink for me, so I just picked up the one on the right, 150 Buff, this weekend to see how that will work out.


I mix two powders together to not only get my perfect shade, but to also balance out the staying power. I already have a review up on the bareMinerals powder foundation if you're interested in learning more about my experience and what I thought of it: bareMinerals Review. The one on the right, the Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder for Oil Control is quite new to me, I bought it on a whim at first to mainly use it as touch ups at school, but then this year I found it to be too much of a hassle to be touching up everyday, so it has somehow snuck into my routine and now I mix it with my bareMinerals to help with the shine, especially since bareMinerals makes me so oily.


Once again, keep in mind that my routine is super simple and while sometimes I like to wear a little extra eyeshadow, this is all I do for eyes on a daily basis, so that I can add of if necessary, but these are my absolute staples. The black eyeshadow is one from L'oreal and it's so old that I don't even think they make it anymore, but I use that to very lightly fill in my brows, since I have found that every other color I've tried to use for my brows look like weird mud. After that, I will go in with MAC's eye kohl in 'I Get No Kick', which is just a light, shimmery champagne color that I use in the waterline to look more awake since it's not as harsh as white but matches the waterline perfectly. I will also use that in my inner corners if I feel that I need to that day.

Finally, I go in with my Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara. It truly is amazing, and I got this deluxe sample through the Sephora Lash Stash To Go, which I also have a post up on, but I will definitely do an update of what I think of all the mascaras now that I've tried them out. I'll save the review of this mascara for that then!


The last step in my routine is basically optional; if I feel that I want a bit more color that day, then I'll use the Fresh Sugar Lip balm and then blot off the excess. Then I'll follow up with the NYX lip liner in Cabaret, which is a deep, reddish, pink color. I will apply the lip liner lightly all over the lips, like a lipstick and then  blend it in with my finger. This combination makes a beautiful lip color that isn't too bright or loud for school, but it does add some color to my face since I don't like using a blush or bronzer on a daily basis.

Well, that's all that's in my makeup bag! I usually keep these products in the top drawer of my makeup storage for easy access, but I thought I would stick to the theme and put in a makeup bag for this post. Tell me what's in your makeup bag and what your daily staples are! As always, thanks so much for reading and the support.

Comments