Skip to main content

Mid-October Favorites

Hello everyone! Today I have a mid-October favorites post for you all. These are just the products that I've been loving, but keep in mind that since this is a mid-month favorites, I don't have that many products, but I thought I would share these with all of you anyway!

My first product is a foundation, and if you've read my What's in My Everyday Makeup Bag  post, then you've seen this product as one of my staples, and without further ado... It's the amazing Revlon Colorstay Foundation!


I've never used Colorstay as much as I have this month and last month, probably due to the fact that this shade, 150 Buff, is my absolute perfect match, as apposed to 180 Sand Beige that I had before. I've been wearing this foundation mixed with my Neutrogena moisturizer for sensitive skin (the one with the purple label) every single day this month, and most of last month as well. It covers wonderfully and with the moisturizer it's just absolute perfection in coverage and texture, as well as being lightweight. If any of you would like a review on this, please let me know, but I've seen tons of reviews already since this is such a popular foundation, but, if you would like my thoughts, then go ahead and request and I shall post one up!

The next thing I've been loving is the Ecotools Flat Foundation Brush.


This brush is the best thing to apply my Colorstay and moisturizer mix with. I had tried to apply the mix with just my finger and any other brush, but fingers made it streaky and hard to blend while any other brushes didn't give enough coverage and even application. I got this brush off of Amazon.com for about $4-$5 back in the summer, but that's definitely cheaper than if you were to buy this at a drugstore. Something about this brush just applies the mix magically to the skin, so that there's coverage, but no cakey look or feel can be seen! This brush has gone from sitting in my collection with the occasional use to being used every single day, and I would highly recommend this brush to anyone.

To set all of the makeup, I've been using the Covergirl Clean Oil Control Powder mixed with a dab of the bareMinerals Matte foundation.


The bareMinerals just evens out the tone of the color for me, while the Covergirl is more for oil control. With that being said, I don't like the bareMinerals much, but it is necessary for me to use just a tap of to balance out the color of the Covergirl powder, because it's too pink and the bareMinerals is a tad too yellow. So until I find any better setting powders that don't break me out and match my skin tone correctly, I'm going to stick with these two. If you have any suggestions for powders, please let me know as I'm on the hunt for the best oil control powder that won't break the bank.

And my final favorite is one that is quite monumental because I have never worn blush so much in all the years that I've been into makeup until this product came along.


This Bobbi Brown to Go palette was in my Mini Sephora Haul, it was a 500 Point Perk and while I had told of how beautiful it was in the haul, after using it for a few weeks, it is simply amazing! The main favorite of mine in the palette is the blush, in the shade Pale Pink. With my DIY Angled Blush Brush, I use this blush everyday that I wear makeup. The beautiful pink color just brightens up my face and gives a glowy look, even though it's matte. I use the shadows sometimes, and the silvery taupe color on the upper right is gorgeous, but on a day to day basis, I use the blush the most. If you would like a review on this palette, please let me know and I would be happy to post one!

Well, those are all of my favorites for mid-October! I hope you all enjoyed this post, and thanks to everyone who have read, followed, and commented. It truly makes my day and makes me feel overjoyed to see that I have a new follower or a new comment, so please keep it coming! I love to interact with my readers!

Comments