Skip to main content

Top 7 Fall Lip Colors

Hello everyone! Today I have for you all a post on my top 7 picks for fall lip colors. These are all shades that I love for the fall and even into the winter time. I don't wear lip products very often, but the times that I do, these are the ones I usually reach for.


All right, in the picture above are all my favorite lip colors and I'm going to take you into each one in depth. Let's jump into it! (By the way, these will be going in the order according to the picture above.)


First up is Juicy Tube Gloss from Lancome and this shade is In the Light. I had gotten this last year as part of a Christmas gift with a few other glosses, but this one is perfect for the fall and winter time because of it's golden color. I find this especially beautiful over a deep berry, red, or fuschia color, and paired with any of those shades gives a gorgeous golden shimmer with the color underneath!


Moving on, this is the Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Stain in the shade Wink of Pink. This is probably the very first product that I got that's part of the fuschia berry shade range. I've had this product for a long time and it hasn't showed any signs of losing its pigmentation or drying out, as many other reviewers had stated. Also, you could probably get this on Amazon.com for quite a bit cheaper than at your local drugstore. The staying power on this lip stain isn't anything exceptional, especially when I'm at school for some reason, but the color payoff is great and it has a nice smell, so without having much experience with other lip stains, this is the best one for me right now.


This is the Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in the shade Raspberry. It doesn't have the best payoff color wise if you take a look at the swatch on the right. While it lacks color and pigmentation, it does make up for it in moisturizing as well as adding a nice hint of color to any lipstick or stain. Although it is moisturizing, keep in mind that as a side effect of this, it does get pretty greasy and can smear around on the lips and migrate to above and below the lips, which is never good and has caused me to have breakouts on my chin before.


This is the MAC Lustreglass in Angel Wing. I had gotten this as part of a Christmas gift with other sample sized glosses from MAC and immediately took a liking to this shade. This is my most favorite lip color, for fall, winter, or any season for that matter. It looks intimidating in the tube, but it looks beautiful on the lips, giving more of a reddish tinge instead of purple. There are small flecks of golden shimmer throughout the gloss, and that ties into why I like laying the Lancome gloss over a fuschia color. This sadly was either a limited edition or discontinued color as I can't find it anywhere, so if any of you could tell me how I could get another one at a reasonable price or possibly a dupe, please let me know!

Everyone has probably talked and raved about these, but this is the Revlon Lipbutter in the shade Pink Truffle. This shade has a more mature atmosphere and feel to it while still keeping the glossy look. On my lips, this can appear to be more red that it actually is for some reason, but it is still a color that I enjoy for the fall and winter time. The only downside to this color is that it fades extremely fast from the lips, about an hour of wear at most and then it's gone.


This is the Revlon Lipbutter in Raspberry Pie and it was the very first lipbutter that I had ever bought. It's almost completely gone now, but that just shows how much I used and liked the product. This and the Maybelline lip stain were what really started my liking for fuschia toned lip colors. For me, this has more staying power than the Pink Truffle one, probably because this is darker and has more pigment. I would usually take a small amount and dab this onto my lips and then blend out with my fingers for a nice stained effect that isn't too striking or loud.


And finally, this is the NYX Lipliner in Cabaret. If you've seen my What's in My Everyday Makeup Bag post, then you know that I had been using this on the daily for quite a while. It's such an easy and simple product that I can use with just a lip balm underneath, draw this on and blend it out. It's a lovely mixture of red and pink, and I have never worn it at its full intensity, but I've only ever worn it sheered out. I'm excited to try it out underneath the Lancome gloss though, I have a feeling that it would give a beautiful color for any holiday parties or gatherings.

Well, those are all my favorites! I hope you all enjoyed reading, thank you so much for your support, and please leave comments with requests so that I know what to gear my next posts for. Also, please let me know if there is a dupe for MAC's Lustreglass in Angel Wing; it's my most favorite shade and I'm sad that I can't get a hold of it anymore.

Comments