Skip to main content

DIY: Angled Blush Brush

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well, and I once again apologize for my absence, but I'm going to set up a new uploading schedule. I thought it would be good to have a new post up on every even day of the week: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, so I'm kicking off this new schedule with a new post today. Besides that, today I have for you all a simple and easy DIY on how to create your own angled blush brush. Let's jump into it!


I have wanted an angled blush brush for the longest time and for some reason, I've always had problems with applying blush using a regular blush brush and always had to resort to using a stippling brush. One day, I was just about to go to my local Wal-Mart and buy an angled brush, but I found the brush in the picture in one of my drawers. The brush was originally a powder brush, so it was not angled at all, and it came in a set of brushes that I got from Walgreens, but it was so scratchy and had the texture of dried, dead grass that I decided to cut it into my very own angle blush brush.

In the picture above, you can see the gentle angle of the brush, and what I did was simply take a pair of scissors and start snipping the top of the brush, the scratchy part, over a trash can. I kept cutting the top and the sides until it looked to be angled enough. After straightening out a few bristles that were still sticking out, I also thinned out the brush a bit since it was a little too full to apply my blush with. Then, I washed it and shaped it with my fingers, and snipped off any bristles that were still sticking out, then left it out to dry overnight.

So far, this brush has been working well with the Bobbi Brown blush in the palette that I had gotten last weekend. It applies the blush nicely and evenly, just where I want it, and since it's custom made, I was able to take the size down to my liking so that they blush wouldn't be applied all over the place and just to the areas that I wanted it. Since making this brush, I have been wearing blush everyday and love that this simple and easy DIY allowed me the freedom to not be afraid of blush any longer.

I hope you all enjoyed reading this post and that some of you will try this out for yourselves if any of you have a powder or blush brush that you don't use laying around. Hopefully this was helpful and saved everyone some money! Also, thank you so much to everyone who takes the time to read, comment, and follow my blog, it truly makes me so excited to see your comments, so keep them coming! Have a wonderful day!

Comments