Skip to main content

Review: NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well! Today I have for you a review on the NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder. I had never tried a NARS product before and was in desperate need of a powder since I was quickly running out of my bareMinerals Matte. With perfect timing, I received a $20 off of $50 email from Sephora, so I decided that it would be prime time to try out this powder, since it's quite pricey at $34. So, without further ado, let's get into my experience!


As you can already tell from the picture above, the famous rubberized packaging that NARS has on many if not all of their products has picked up unwanted finger marks. I don't think I actually knew what other reviewers were complaining about regarding finger prints on the packaging until now that I've experienced them for myself. Aside from packaging, this is a setting powder, so the only shade for it is 'Translucent Crystal'. This is supposed to mattify the skin as well as give a glow, and comes in both the pressed and loose form. I bought the pressed for the only reason that my bareMinerals is loose and I was quite bored with the loose powders and I had heard that the pressed has better oil control. I have very oily skin, and I had the hopes that this would control oil and give that beautiful glow that so many other reviewers have raved about.


The texture is definitely unique, at first when I got it, it simply felt like stone or plastic. There is a slight shimmer to the product that can't be picked up on the skin or through the camera in this picture, but if you go to see it in person, it's definitely apparent. I was truly hoping to love this and for it to do magical things for my skin, but alas, it didn't. All this product did was make me oilier faster than I ever was before, and right now, my skin is pretty calm and dry because it's winter. Also, it broke me out quite badly, and I think that might be due to the silica, which is one of the first few ingredients on the list. I did go back to Sephora and exchange it for another one of my bareMinerals Matte a few days ago, so although I had high hopes for this powder, it just fell flat for me. I didn't see any brightening or glowing effect, just oilier skin and breakouts.

Well, those are my thoughts on the NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder in Translucent Crystal. I hope this helped out some of you, and if you would like to give it a try, by all means do, it just didn't work out for me! Thank you all so much for reading and all of your support!

Comments