Skip to main content

Winter Favorites

Hello everyone; I hope you are all doing well! Sorry for the lack of posts; it's not that I don't want to write anything, it's just that I'm sort of stuck right now on ideas and creativity. Anyway, today I thought it would be nice to bring you all a post on my favorite winter beauty products, so without further ado, let's jump right in!

Face: 

             1. Prime/All in One: Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB Cream

 

Beginning with the bases, I have recently brought this BB cream back out to use and one day, when I applied it by itself, it gave more coverage than usual for some reason and it didn't make my face super oily after a few hours. These new revelations are probably due to the season and how my skin's been quite dry/combination. Sometimes, I like to use this in the place of my foundation, and I've found that it does have a decent enough coverage if you layer on in the areas that need a bit more. What I also like using this as, is a primer underneath my Revlon Colorstay. I don't exactly know if Colorstay has been causing breakouts, but with this underneath it kind of gives reassurance as well as a barrier to protect the skin.

           2. Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff for Oily/Combo Skin

I've raved quite a bit about this foundation, and I've also done a post with this in combination with the Dr. Jart BB Cream shown above, which I'll link to at the end of this post. One day during exam week, I decided to just use this with nothing underneath and it was AMAZING!! That day, I simply used a disposable, damp, triangle sponge and dabbed this onto my skin, without anything underneath except my acne topical medication. I also didn't put any sort of powder on top; by the time I checked it at around 1:00 p.m., it was still completely matte! None of my greasy t-zone showed through at all and all my blemishes were still completely covered. This held up for at least nine hours! As soon as I got home, I was expecting it to look oily, but it was still completely matte and gorgeous. Now that I've said all the good things, I did notice some irregularities on my skin, aka a few bumps that may or may not have already been there after I removed my makeup. So as a precaution, if I use this, I'll make sure to put the BB cream underneath as a protective barrier for my skin. All in all, this is another RAVE for this foundation!

             3. Highlight: Benefit Watt's Up


I already have a post up on this highlighter, comparing it with other ones that I have and I'll link that as well. I've been liking this one for some reason, and I think it's just because it's nice and subtle with a nice glow. Since my skin's been staying more matte and I haven't been using any powder products at all, I've been gravitating towards this to place on the tops of my cheekbones for a glow.

Eyes:

             1. Prime: Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candlelight


This gives a gorgeous golden sheen and also primes the eyes. I've just been using a small amount of this on my finger tip and spreading it on my eyelid for a bit of shimmer as well as a primer for the cream shadow that I put on top of this.

            2. Cream Shadow: Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in R.S.V.P


I use this right on top of the primer and together they give a beautiful pinkish, golden champagne color to the lids. Not only is the color gorgeous, but it also gives a nice shimmery sheen that isn't too overpowering. I normally don't wear eyeshadow at all anymore, but this is a fast and easy method of having something nice on the lids! This combination lasts great throughout the day and this color alone is a gorgeous pinky champagne. Benefit repackaged all of their cream shadows, so they might not look like the one I have. Although I've had it for a while, it's still creamy enough for me to swirl my finger in and collect some product and easily spread it on my eyelid for a beautiful wash of color. I have very oily eyelids, so wearing this alone would cause some major creasing, but with the primer underneath and nothing on top, it's completely fine.

Lips:

           1. Lip Color: Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie


I have this lip butter in a post with all my favorite fall/winter lip colors which I will link. There isn't much to say about this since I've pretty much covered all the bases in the fall lip colors post, but I can say that I've been wearing this almost everyday, or every time that I actually wear makeup and go out of the house. It just gives the most beautiful pinkish reddish tinge to the lips when applied lightly. I dab it onto the lips and then blend it out with a finger. If you do happen to lick your lips, the color will remain in tact, leading me to believe that through my application process, it has somehow become a stain all by itself! The color is gorgeous and brightens up the face, not to mention the color is perfect for winter! I really want to try the Red Velvet color, but haven't been able to find that particular shade anywhere. This is quite a bright shade, but if applied and worn correctly, it has amazing staying power and color!

All right, and that wraps up this post! Here are the links as promised:
                    BB Cream Battle
Lip Color:   Top 7 Fall Lip Colors

Well, that's it! I hope that this maybe helped out some of you, as well as the links. Hope you all enjoyed reading, thank you always for your support, and have a wonderful day!

Comments