Skip to main content

Review: Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

Hello everyone; I hope you're all doing well on this Thursday morning! As promised, I'm brining you all a review on the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation. I have been using and loving this foundation ever since I bought it a few months ago. In fact, this foundation is featured in my previous post, my Sweat-Proof Summer Foundation Routine.  My skin type is oily, sensitive, and acne prone. I can easily get spots if my skin hates a product. One of the best things about this foundation is that it doesn't contain parabens. Let's jump straight into the review!

Color. I have this in the shade 2.0. The shades that end in .0 have a yellow tone and the ones that end in .5 have a pink undertone. I have fair Asian skin that has definite yellow undertones. This foundation suits my skin perfectly.
Texture&consistency. This foundation has a very liquid and runny texture. It literally slides off the back of my hand if I tilt it even slightly. Given the texture, this product is amazingly lightweight and sits beautifully on the skin.
Application. Using a brush will work the best with this product because I've tried using fingers and it came on streaky on the face. It's an easy product to blend due to its texture and consistency, but with fingers, it's almost impossible to get a good, non-streaky smooth finish. I suggest a stippling brush or buffing brush. The stippling brush is by far my favorite method and gives the best coverage. A sponge will only soak up all the product and waste it.
Coverage. This foundation has a medium coverage that can be built to be borderline full. It has the perfect amount of coverage for everyday use without being heavy. If I have old acne scars of large. cystic acne, I do need to use a concealer and my favorite is the Almay Clear Complexion concealer.
Fragrance. There's no detectable or offensive fragrance. There might be a slight makeup smell, but it evaporates quickly and lays undetected after application.  
Lasting power. It lasts for a good while without becoming too oily or losing coverage. I would say that it's average in the oil control area, about 4-6 hours. The coverage will last until it's removed. I find that this foundation, as well as any foundation, works better when I don't use the bareMinerals powder foundation on top. I haven't found a good oil control powder that actually works and doesn't break me out yet.
Price. The price for this foundation is quite steep. It costs $39 for 1 fl. oz. This can be purchased anywhere that Urban Decay is sold.
If you're in the market for a new foundation, definitely give this one a try; it's truly amazing! Please let me know in the comments your thoughts and if you have an suggestions for an oil control powder. Thanks so much for reading!

Comments