Skip to main content

Sweat-Proof Summer Foundation Routine

Hello everyone! I apologize deeply for being gone so long. I've finally finished up school and am on summer vacation, so definitely expect more posts. I am touched by the new comments! Today, I'm bringing you all a new foundation routine that I've been using almost every single day. The foundation itself is the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation. This routine is simple and involves only three products that ensure a long lasting face. I have been able to use this routine with success for the past few warmer months and I have EXTREMELY oily skin.
The first step is to prime the face. I like to use the bareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer in original. It has a nice smooth texture that preps the skin well and ensures that the foundation and concealer stay on all day. It can be purchased from here for $24.


The next step is to apply the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation. I use the shade 2.0, which is a pretty perfect match to my skin tone. I'm going to do an in-depth foundation review on this in my next post. I like to apply this foundation with either the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or a stippling brush. It has a very liquid-y texture that covers wonderfully while remaining lightweight. It can be purchase here for $39.



 And the final step in my routine is to apply concealer to any spots that are still peaking through the foundation. I love the Almay Clear Complexion Concealer for this purpose. I have it in the shade light/medium, which can seem too dark, but blended into the skin, it looks fine. I will also do an in-depth review on this soon. This can be purchased at any drugstore, including Ulta.


I hope this post helped out some of you who were wanting a summer foundation routine that was easy and lightweight yet full coverage. Please do keep the comments coming, they make my day! Also, I had no idea that one of my posts had made it onto a Yahoo front page! Thank you all so much for reading and commenting!

Comments