Skip to main content

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer: Grail or Fail

Hello everyone! I know in my last post I stated that I would be doing an overview of my mom's favorite Shiseido products, well it has come to light that they may be causing a strange skin reaction for her right now, so I'm going to hold off on that for now. Today though, I have for you another Grail or Fail, this time on a more accessible and inexpensive product, the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer. Let's get straight into it!


I heard about this primer when I was searching for a dupe of my beloved BareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer in Original. I haven't repurchased that primer in quite a while, and though I have bought it twice, it was only the small travel size, which cost $14 in itself. My powder foundation never looked better or stayed longer on my oily skin than it did with that primer, so when I ran out, I tried a few other primers and noticed that the texture was not to my liking. I did some research and came across this, from the pictures that I've seen, it has a silicone texture, just like the Prime Time.


I picked this up and tried it out for a few days, and that was last year, but I stopped using it in fear that it was breaking me out. They weren't super huge breakouts, but they were there, and my skin wasn't in the best condition already, so I discontinued the use of this. The weird thing is though, that I've never tried this with just powder foundation, and I think that's simply because my skin needs more coverage than a powder foundation can give on its own. Having said that though, I do want to try this out again with my BareMinerals Matte Powder foundation. I've never paired the two together, and am interested to see how it would work. Maybe this just works better with powder foundation, as the Prime Time did.

So now, onto the question, is it a Grail or a Fail? Honestly, I don't have enough conclusive data to decide that right now, but, if it behaves like the Prime Time, then this will be a major Grail, considering it's around $7 at any drugstore and Ulta. Although you only get .85 oz, you don't need much of this to cover your entire face, as it's almost a slippery texture.

Ingredients: Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Carpylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate

I don't see why this should break me out, as there aren't that many ingredients, and the ingredients that are there aren't anything that should break me out, but I'll definitely compare the Prime Time ingredients to it and see what overlaps and what doesn't. I will touch back with all of you if this is a dupe, as well as with my thoughts in the near future on this primer.

As always, thank you all so much for reading, and have a wonderful day!

Comments

  1. Cool! I like how there are more drugstore primers coming out these days. When I was in high school, there were really only high-end primers out there. Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    (By the way, I nominated you for a Liebster Award, if you're interested! You can find details about it in the post I made here.)

    Em | mascara warrior

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment