Skip to main content

Shiseido Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam Review

Hello everyone! Today, I have for you yet another review, on yet the same brand. I realized that looking through my skin care basket, I have this Shiseido Deep Cleansing Foam as well as three Shiseido White Lucent products, which I will most likely post a review on tomorrow. Anyway, today is all about the Deep Cleansing Foam, so without further ado, let's get into it!


All right, now, keep in mind that I haven't used this cleanser in quite a long time, maybe a year and half or even two; the reasons will be stated in this review. I heard about this cleanser when I was with my mom at the Shiseido counter at our mall. The sales lady helping my mom suggested that I gave this a try when I told her of my skin concerns, though at that time, my skin was relatively clear, and didn't have a large amount of acne scarring or acne itself. I think I finally bought this a few months later, along with Josie Maran's Argan Oil at Sephora with a gift card.

Some background into this line, Pureness is targeted to the younger, oiler, acne prone skin crowd, their prices for products aren't insane, but they're still up there and more expensive than Clinique. At Sephora, this goes for $22.50 for 3.6 oz. This is the same tube that I used for maybe over six months, so it does last a very long time.


The consistency is a thick, white cream with small, blue specks that are meant to be exfoliating, but I really don't feel that they do anything at all. Now, onto the reason I stopped using this: it broke me out! Really and truly, it worked amazingly at maintaining my skin for the time that I did use it, and then all of a sudden, it's like it just lost it's magic overnight. Suddenly, I was breaking out again and this did nothing to help it whatsoever, it also didn't do much for oil control either. Another thing, when you lather it up, it really does lather and foam and feel luxurious, but when you go to wash it off, it leaves the skin feeling strange, almost squeaky, and not smooth. It's almost as if there's a residue left behind. It does have a light scent, not really bothersome, but I would prefer it to have been fragrance free.

I haven't used this since I realized it wasn't helping with breakouts, and I still kept the bottle, hoping that maybe one day, when my skin finally calms down, I can use this again. The price is reasonable for how long this lasts, so even though it didn't work out for me, if you would like to give this a try, then by all means do!

Ingredients: Water, Stearic Acid, PEG-8, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Lauric Acid, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Sorbitol, Poloxamer 184, Beeswax, Sodium Lauryl Glycol, Carboxylate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Polyethylene, Menthol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Peony Root Extract, Rosemary Extract, Trisodium EDTA, Talc, Ethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Zinc Oxide, Ultramarines, Iron Oxides.

As always, thank you so much for reading, and I hope this helped out some of you!  Please feel free to leave a comment if you have tried this or if you want to try it. Tomorrow's post will be on three of my mom's favorite Shiseido White Lucent Products, so stay tuned for that!

Comments