Skip to main content

Fresh Glow Friday: Highlighter Collection + Review

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is doing well! For today's theme, I'm going to go over my highlighter collection and review the products as I go along (as you can tell by the title). So, let's jump right in!

Here's an overview of the products:



First up from Benefit:


This is the Watt's Up highlighter from Benefit Cosmetics! This, I would say, is the most subtle of all the highlights I'm going to be talking about today. What I have is the deluxe sample size that I got for a beauty point perk at Sephora. I've had this highlighter for quite a while, but it barely looks used, so it definitely lasts a long time, especially if you got the full size. This provides a beautiful sheen when applied to the tops of the cheekbones and under the brow, which are the only places I apply this because I have extremely oily skin. It does have a slight pinkish tint, but blends into any skin tone beautifully! It has a nice creamy texture and is probably my favorite out of all the highlights that I'm going to talk about today.

Next, from Physician's Formula:


Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Vegas Strip. I remember this as one of the very first products I ever bought when I was first starting out with makeup! And as you can tell by the picture, I've used a ton of it! Although I used to use this all the time, I've stopped using it, mostly because when applied on the skin, it gives off a very unflattering texture due to the loads and loads of shimmer. This product can be used as an eyeshadow, blush, or highlighter, and I've used it all three ways, but I must say that I'm not very fond of this anymore. There are also many other colors of the Shimmer Strips at the drugstore, but this is the only one I have and probably will ever get.

From Revlon, we have two, but first, the lighter, followed by the darker one:



Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder in 010 Brighten. I picked this product up a couple years ago when Walgreens was having a huge sale on this line. I've mostly likely used this product the longest, although it doesn't look like that in the packaging; there's barely a dent in the product! I don't even know if this is even still sold, but I have seen it at some drugstores and Amazon.com. In the swatch , it looks very frosty and metallic, but it only appears that way if applied heavily, as is done so for swatching purposes. If you apply this with a fluffy blending brush like the 224 from MAC, or any blending brush that isn't too stiff, it looks beautiful on the cheekbones! The problem with this product though, and just like any other shimmery product, it can highlight bumps or wrinkles on the skin if applied too heavily, and can be extremely sparkly in sunlight if applied incorrectly. I still really like this product though, and maybe when school starts and winter comes around, I'll get more use out of this because of the light color of the product. This product does look like it has some pink tones to it, but unless packed on it's not too noticeable.



And this is the second one from Revlon, in 030 Sunkiss. I got this the same time I got the other Revlon highlighter. This product on me is definitely a bronzer or blush with some glow, but definitely not a highlighter. For you ladies out there that have darker skin, this would look beautiful on you! It isn't orange in tones, but if applied way too heavily on lighter skin, it can tend to pull orangey and strange on the skin. Truthfully, I can't really say much about this product because I really don't use it often, and the times that I have used it, I used it as either a bronzer or blush, and I feel that it might have broke me out, for reasons I do not know. So, I'd say, if you have a darker skin tone, go ahead and give this a try, you might just end up loving it!

Well, that wraps up my highlighter collection and my thoughts! I hope you enjoyed and that this helped out some of you! As always, thank you so much for reading, and stay tuned for tomorrow's post.

Comments