Skip to main content

Tips + Products for Long Lasting Makeup! (Part 1: Face)

Hey everyone! Today I'm going give some of my favorite face tips and products for a longer lasting, flawless finish.

Start with a good primer:



This is the Avon Magix Face Perfector with SPF 20. There really isn't much to say about this product, except that it is a decent primer, doesn't break me out, and holds makeup fine. But I would prefer the Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer. I like the consistency of that one much more, and it holds the makeup and keeps shine away for a much longer amount of time.

Add a long lasting base with foundation:



And this is the famed Revlon Colorstay Foundation, I have this in the color 180 Sand Beige. I think there's enough reviews out there about this foundation that I really don't have to say much, but it is really good, and transfer resistent. I don't think this actually breaks me out, but it might be a possibility, because I haven't worn it in so long. One tip for this though, is to either apply it with a flat or synthetic foundation brush, or your fingers, but not a damp sponge, because I find that the damp sponge actually makes this product look dewy and then in a few hours oily. I also recommend blotting in between layers, so if you do more than I layer of this, blot away the excess and then continue!

Follow up with a long lasting concealer:




All right, so this is the Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Concealer. I also have a review post up on this:http://cuttingedgebeauty1.blogspot.com/2013/05/dermablend-smooth-indulgence-concealer.html. I really don't have a lot to say about this that I haven't already said in the review, but this is also a pretty good, long lasting concealer. It has just about little to no oil control though.

Wrap it up with a light coverage powder foundation:


The Almay Wake up Makeup powder foundation is great for dusting lightly on top of a fuller coverage look, some people complain that it has glitter, but if used sparingly it looks amazing and gives a glowing quality to the skin. This product also controls oil quite well, surprisingly. A tip for this, it comes with its own brush on the top, and you can use that brush to press on the powder to gain more coverage and less mess.

Add color to the cheeks:


Tarte has some amazing long lasting product, and the Amazonian Clay 12 hour blush in Dollface is no exception! I'm sure you've heard tons and tons about this blush and color already, so I'm not going to waste your time and repeat what others have probably already said.


Finish everything off:


The Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing powder is great for locking in place everything on the face and finishing things off. It's translucent and goes on easily. I don't have a lot to say about this, other than that it absorbs oil quite nicely.

Well, those are all my long lasting makeup  tips and products for the face, stay tuned for long lasting eye makeup tips tomorrow!

Comments