Skip to main content

True To Yourself Thrusday: My Acne Skincare

Hello everyone! For today's post, I'm going to be discussing a topic that many, many people all over the world can relate to: acne. I am currently going to a dermatologist, and I have gotten topical prescription creams for my acne. And now, I'm going to share with you my everyday acne skin care routine, with prescriptions.


The first thing I do for both my morning and night time routine is cleanse. I use the CeraVe cleanser for normal to oily skin, as recommended by my dermatologist. In the picture it's only the sample size, but I use the huge 12 oz size everyday. I just thought that the regular size would be too big for a picture! Anyway, this is a great mild cleanser, it doesn't do anything bad to my skin, and is good for simply cleansing, nothing else, no treatments or added benefits. My derm recommended this to me because the prescription treatments I would be using are harsh and drying on the skin.


After cleansing my skin and drying off with a washcloth, I wait for my face to completely dry, which is very important. Then, if it is the day time, I apply Aczone (on the left) to my face and add a bit where neccesary on larger spots or inflamed and painful pimples. If it is night time, then I do the same cleansing process, and then apply the Epiduo (on the right) first all over my t-zone, temple, and chin area. When the cream is dry, which only takes a few seconds, I follow with Aczone only as a spot treatment. I find that this duo doesn't dry my skin out much, in fact, I still have extremely oily skin. When I first started using the Epiduo, I did have a time where pimples popped out like crazy, and then finally calmed down, and I don't think anything like that happened with Aczone, since it's quite mild, but if you would like to learn more, here are links to the websites: http://www.epiduo.com/what_is_epiduo_gel.aspx (Epiduo) http://www.aczone.com/what-makes-aczone-different.aspx (Aczone).


And lastly, I follow up all of my creams whether it's day or night with the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin. This is usually the one with the purple label on the box and bottle. I just pump some of this out onto my fingertips after applying whatever cream and press in onto my skin starting on my cheeks. Take note that I do not rub this in, I press to make sure that the cream(s) that I applied are not moved around or diluted. This moisturizer is the only one that I've stuck with for everyday moisture, morning and night. It's moisturizing enough for the night time, but light enough for the day.

Well, that's really all for my acne skin care routine, easy and simple, without a whole plethora of products! I hoped that maybe my experiences with the prescription topical creams Epiduo and Aczone helped some of you out!

As always, thank you all so much for taking the time to read this!

Comments