Skip to main content

DIY Exfoliating Scrub For Dry, Flaky Skin

Hey everyone! Today I'm bringing to you a exfoliating scrub that you can make at home with just one ingredient: oatmeal. Oatmeal has shown to have antioxidant properties that will not only help to calm the skin, but brighten and tighten the pores as well. I've heard that some people who have had really bad acne have used this and it calmed their skin down like no other. Since it's winter right now, I'm having major problems with dryness and flaking on my cheeks so I thought this would be the best time to bring you this easy DIY!
All right, before you even start, make sure that you have a sink that has something to catch the oats in, otherwise you will have a super clogged mess on your hands! Next, take a bit of the oats and use a bit of warm water, but don't let it get too mushy, otherwise the exfoliation factor is completely lost. Take the moistened oats with your fingertips and with a gentle circling motion, rub it into the skin where it's particularly dry. The oats should not only take away any of the dryness, but it should soothe and calm any acne or irritation and has been know to fade acne scars with consistent use. You can either use this as a cleanser morning and night or as an exfoliator once in a while. Sometimes, I like to use this after I've removed all my makeup after school as an extra washing step, but since my skin is so dry, I'll be using this as an exfoliator later tonight!
I hope this post helped you guys out against any of those pesky flakes for nice smooth skin! Thank you all so much for reading, and have a wonderful day!

Comments