Skip to main content

Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Oil Review

Happy Friday and welcome to Day 10 of Daily Blogging! Today I'm sharing with you a review on another Drunk Elephant product, the Marula Oil.

This is a review of the Drunk Elephant Luxury Marula Oil. It's an excellent facial oil from Drunk Elephant for people with dry skin and for the winter time. It can be used to soothe dry, flaky skin on not just the face, but anywhere on the body as well!

Without further ado, let's get into it!

Q: Where can I buy it?
A: Sephora stores, sephora.com, drunkelephant.com

Q: How much does it cost?
A: Full size: $72 USD; Mini: $40 USD

Q: How much do I get in one bottle?
A: Full size: 1 oz / 30 mL; Mini: 0.50 oz / 15 mL

Q: What's the packaging like?
A: This oil comes in a white bottle with a yellow pump and cap. 

Q: Will it suit my skin?
A: If you have dry, sensitive skin, or even combo/oily skin, this is the most amazing oil! Especially if it's the middle of winter and your skin peels like mine does. This is the most soothing and fast acting oil I've ever used. If you have more mature skin, this oil will also be absolutely amazing as a moisturizer for you!

Q: Is the scent going to give me a headache?
A: No! There's absolutely no scent at all.

Q: How do I use it?
A: Take about 1-3 pumps onto the palm of my hand and spread it onto my skin, or onto any dry patches on my arms or anywhere else on the body.

Q: When do I use it?
A: Mostly during the winter time when my skin is prone to dry patches or anytime I need something soothing for my skin.

Q: What are the ingredients?
A: Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil

*ingredient taken from drunkelephant.com

Q: What's the texture like?
A: It's a slightly thicker oil, still smooth though, and has a bit of a golden tinge to it.

Q: What're the pros?
A: This is an amazing oil for scars! It can clear up/fade burn scars within a week of regular usage. It can also help fade acne scars, but for my skin, it's too heavy to use on a daily basis without worrying about clogging pores or breaking out. If you have dry skin and struggle with acne scars, this would be an amazing oil to use to fade those quickly. 

Q: What are the cons?
A: None!

Q: Would I repurchase?
A: Yes! I've had many mini bottles of this, and haven't yet found the need to buy the full size yet. I will definitely always have this oil on hand!

Conclusion: Once it comes winter time again, I'll be using this oil for my hands and arms, and any severe try patches on my face. I was mostly amazed at how quickly it faded scarring and soothes dry patches. It also has a ton of antioxidants and fatty acids (Omega 6 and 9) to give the skin a youthful glow. 

That's all for me today, so thank you all so much for reading. If you've tried this, let me know how you liked it by leaving me a comment below. I'll talk to you all again tomorrow with another post! :)

Comments

  1. This is a very interesting and informative blog. It's really useful blog. I really loved reading your blog. haute her tips Solution for face oil face

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment