Skip to main content

Review: Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil

Hello and welcome to day 5 of daily blogging! Today, I'm bringing you a review on the Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil. It's an oil formulated specifically with combo/oily skin in mind.



Without further ado, let's jump into the review!

Q: Where can I buy it?
A: Sephora stores, Sephora.com, Ulta stores, Ulta.com, clarinsusa.com

Q: How much does it cost?
A: $58 USD



Q: How much do I get in one bottle?

A: 1 oz / 30 mL

Q: Will it suit my skin?
A: If you have combo/oily, acne prone, sensitive skin, then yes! This oil is formulated for combo/oily skin and is meant to help balance out the skin. 

Q: Is the scent going to give me a headache?
A: I don't think so, unless you're very sensitive to scents. It has a very herbal scent from the essential oils, but while I found it strong at first, it became very soothing and relaxing to me.

Q: How do I use it?
A: I drip 4 drops onto the palm of my hand, swipe/press both hands together once, then pat onto my skin.

Q: When do I use it?
A: At night, after cleansing and acid toning, as a moisturizer. I use the Herbivore Lapis Facial Oil (review here) as my morning moisturizer.

Q: What are the ingredients?
A: Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Belumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Citronellol, Linalool, Geraniol, Limonene, Citral, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate. 
*ingredients taken from sephora.com

Q: What's the texture like?
A: It's a smooth oil, not greasy or heavy at all. 

Q: What're the pros?
A: This is the very first oil that I've used for my skin. I was so afraid that I would break out, but I noticed that my skin had dry patches whilst still being obscenely oily by the end of the day, so it was time to try this out. After using this for a couple of weeks, I noticed a dramatic change in my skin... it was more balanced! After finishing up a whole bottle, I notice that my skin is even more balanced. It doesn't get too oily throughout the day anymore and I don't have as many dry patches. As for my acne, I've noticed that since my skin is more balanced, I don't get as many cystic breakouts. 

Q: What are the cons?
A: None!

Q: Would I repurchase?
A: Yes! I just purchased a new bottle (in the picture above) because I finished a whole one up (evidence below).



Conclusion: If you have skin that fits into any of the categories that I listed above, you need to try this out as your moisturizer! If you have drier skin, I would suggest the Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil. This is an excellent oil to start with if you've never used oils before. For the winter time when my skin is extra dry and flaky, I'll put a moisturizer on top of this oil. I used to always have issues with my skin peeling and flaking and makeup looking horrible on top during the colder months, but since using this, I haven't really had that issue anymore. So, don't be afraid of using this oil if you have acne either, it can actually help treat it as this oil acts like a natural astringent for the skin! 



Thank you all so much for reading, and please leave me a comment below! Talk to you all tomorrow with another post. :)


Comments

  1. this is very incredible post. an alternative natural sources can be used to facial treatment. hopefully there's other review about it. thank you for sharing amstelzijdekliniek.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Raka! I've been getting into Clean/Non-toxic beauty in 2019 and have tried many amazing products for makeup and skincare, which I'll be sharing posts on soon. Have a great day! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a very interesting and informative blog. It's really useful blog. I really loved reading your blog. haute her tips Solution for face oil face

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much for taking the time to read & comment, John! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  4. I am happy customer and i used it once. Looking for some more pure products. best vitamin c serum for face

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment