Skip to main content

Tarte Knockout Tingling Treatment Review

Hello lovelies and welcome to Day 6 of daily blogging! Today, I have yet another review for you, on the Tarte Knockout Tingling Treatment.




Without further ado, let's get into the review!

Q: Where can I buy it?
A: Sephora stores, sephora.com, tartecosmetics.com


Q: How much does it cost?

A: $39 USD


Q: How much do I get in one bottle?

A: 5 oz / 150 mL


Q: What's the packaging like?

A: This is housed in a tall, heavy bottle that feels like glass, with a large, blue plastic screw cap that ensures nothing leaks out. 

Q: Will it suit my skin?
A: If you have acne prone, oily/combo skin that can tolerate acids, then yes, this is for you. You should especially look into this if you have texture issues and/or acne scarring. If you're sensitive to glycolic acid, no worries as this contains 10% salicylic and lactic acids as well as niacinimide to help soothe the skin.

Q: Is the scent going to give me a headache?
A: It shouldn't unless you're extremely sensitive to scents. It has a vinegar scent upon application from the acetic acid but it doesn't linger on the skin and dissipates immediately after it dries on the skin.

Q: How do I use it?
A: I spread a bit of this onto a cotton pad (my favorite are the ones from Ulta) and then I spread it evenly across my face.

Q: When do I use it?
A: At night time only, after cleansing the skin and letting it dry. I don't use this every single night, only about 3-4 times a week, or if I feel that my skin is looking dull or flaky. I find that if I use it too often, then I find that my skin can get dried out, and this is coming from someone who is very used to using acid exfoliation and prescription topical creams. I follow this up with my Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil (review here).

Q: What are the ingredients?
A: Water, niacinamide, lactic acid, citric acid, propanediol, glycerin, gluconolactone, malic acid, phytic acid, salicylic acid, sodium benzoate, magnesium chloride, acetic acid, potassium sorbate, allium cepa (onion) bulb extract, calcium gluconate, cochlearia armoracia (horseradish) root extract, commiphora myrrha resin extract, myrtus communis extract, rumex acetosa leaf extract, thymus vulgaris (thyme) flower/leaf extract, calcium chloride, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, sulfur.
*ingredients taken from sephora.com

Q: What's the texture like?
A: This smooths onto the skin like water. It does have a bit of tingle/sting on the skin, as the name suggests, if you have any open blemishes. 

Q: What're the pros?
A: I had previously used the Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum (review coming soon!) every single night and that was my very first foray into acid exfoliation, but I wanted a different application method, texture, and mix of acids, so I chose this. It has been amazing! I've seen a good amount of lightening in my acne scarring. I've also noticed that when I use this, my skin isn't as flaky. If you have been struggling with acne, textured skin, acne scarring, you need to give this or any other acid exfoliator a try! This has a good balance of acids and soothers in the ingredients, and I haven't noticed any irritation while using this. It's also helped reduce the oiliness of my skin. 

Q: What are the cons?
A: None!

Q: Would I repurchase?
A: Yes! I'm a skincare junkie, so I might want to try something else out when I finish this, but I will most definitely repurchase. 

Conclusion: To be honest, I was quite skeptical when I went into Sephora looking for a liquid acid exfoliator and I was recommended this. I looked and saw that it was Tarte, who I only knew as a makeup brand. But, I gave this a try and love what it does for my skin. Using acid exfoliators and facial oils for the past year has improved my skin greatly. I would encourage all of you to look into acid exfoliation if you have acne scarring, acne, or unwanted texture on your skin. This one is great to start off with as it's not exorbitantly expensive. 


That's all for me today, so thank you all so much for reading. Leave me a comment below if you have any questions, and I'll talk to you all again tomorrow with another post! :)

Comments

  1. I have been using Tarte Knockout Treatment for a few months and have loved the results. You mentioned the DE T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum. I was thinking of transitioning to a DE night regimen and was curious of your comparison of the 2.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment