Skip to main content

Vichy Pore Purifying Clay Mask Review

Hi and welcome to Day 9 of Daily Blogging! Thank you all for joining me; today I have a review up on the Vichy Mineral Pore Purifying Clay Mask.

This is a review of the Vichy Pore Purifying Clay Mask, which has bentonite and kaolin clays to help unclog pores. It also helps those with acne prone, oily, and combination skin.

Without further ado, let's jump into the review!

Q: Where can I buy it?
A: Ulta stores, ulta.com, www.vichyusa.com

Q: How much does it cost?
A: $20 USD

Q: How much do I get in one bottle/jar?
A: 75 mL

Q: What's the packaging like?
A: The mask is housed in a heavy glass jar with a screw on lid. I make sure to twist it on tightly to prevent the mask from drying out.

Q: Will it suit my skin?
A: If you have oily/combo, acne prone skin, then yes, this will be perfect for you. It is a clay mask, and it does dry down, so if you already have very dry skin, then this could potentially dry you out even more. 

Q: Is the scent going to give me a headache?
A: It shouldn't, but it's on a thin line of being almost too strong. It smells like perfume and you can smell it when it's on your face and even after you wash it off. 

Q: How do I use it?
A: I take a bit on the back of a finger nail, enough to cover my whole face, and spread it around on my skin. 

Q: When do I use it?
A: At night, about once a week. I leave it on for about 5-10 minutes or until it dries down on the skin and then I wash it off with warm water and a wash cloth. 

Q: What are the ingredients?
A: AQUA •KAOLIN • ARGILLA • PROPANEDIOL •GLYCER I N • CAPRYL I C / C APRI CTRIGLYCERIDE • CI 77891 • CETEARYLALCOHOL • ZEA MAYS STARCH •C I 77499 • C I 77492 • C I 77491 •ALLANTOIN • CETEARETH-20 • ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE POWDER •LECITHIN • PHENOXYETHANOL •TOCOPHEROL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL •XANTHAN GUM • PARFUM.CODE F.I.L. : C182660/1 

*ingredients taken from vichyusa.com

Q: What's the texture like?
A: This mask is thick and creamy, like clay, as the name suggests. 

The Vichy Pore Purifying Clay Mask has a thick and creamy texture, which dries down onto the skin into clay, as the name suggests.

Q: What're the pros?
A: This is a great, affordable clay mask. It has good ingredients like Kaolin and Bentonite clays to help draw out impurities. It's also one of the quicker clay masks to use since it only takes about 5 minutes and then you can wash it off. I like to use this when my skin is feeling clogged or is breaking out a lot. It claims to reduce shine, and whilst I see an immediate effect with that, it's not long lasting for me. 

Q: What are the cons?
A: The scent can be cloying and too strong to some. 

Q: Would I repurchase?
A: Yes! I think this is a great affordable, drugstore clay mask. 

Conclusion: All in all, this is a great clay mask to pick up from the drugstore if you feel like your skin is clogged. 

That's all for me today, so thank you all so much for reading. If you've tried this mask, let me know how you liked it by leaving me a comment below. If you have a favorite mask, let me know what that is as well! I'll talk to you all again tomorrow with another post! :)

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing review of this clay mask. This review is very helpful to pick the best product.
    funderm.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment