Skip to main content

The Best Lip Gloss Ever | Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Shine Review

Hello and welcome back to my blog for Day 4 of daily blogging! In today's post, I'll be sharing with you a review on the best lip glosses I've ever used, aka, the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Lip Shines!





Without further ado, let's get into the details!


Q: Where can I buy it?
A: Drugstores, Ulta stores, Ulta.com, neutrogena.com

Q: How much does it cost?
A: Ranges anywhere from $7-$9.99 USD depending on where you buy it and whether you have a coupon or not.

Q: What's the shade range?
A: They have 16 shades, ranging from soft nudes, to deep, dark burgundies! I have the shades Radiant Rose (50) and Vibrant Raspberry (60). See more pics and swatches below:









Q: Is the scent going to give me a headache?
A: No, because there is absolutely no fragrance in this! While a delicious vanilla scent can be good at times, some can be overpowering, so I like it when lip products don't have any discernible scent.

Q: What's the packaging like?
A: This gloss is housed in a standard plastic tube with a doe foot applicator. The doe foot is more of a wide, teardrop shape, so it covers the lips evenly and quickly. 

Q: When do I use it?
A: Almost everyday! I like to use this anytime my lips are feeling dry, cracked, or chapped. The formula is so amazing and moisturizing that there's no clinging to dry lips or sinking into lip lines at all! Sometimes, I use this more as a balm when I'm out and about. 

Q: What are the ingredients?
A: Polybutene, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Tribehenin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, BHT. May Also Contain: Red 7 Lake, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Red 22, Yellow 5 Lake, Titanium Dioxide, Red 6, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Blue 1 - Ingredients taken from neutrogena.com

Q: What's the texture/formula like?
A: The formula is non-sticky, smooth, glossy, moisturizing, pigmented and wonderfully plush.

Q: How long does it last?
A: On me, I notice that the color stays pretty true for about 4 hours and fades only slightly, even with sipping on water. The glossiness does dull down a bit as the hours progress and then you're left with a balm-like texture on the lips.

Q: What're the pros?
A: This gloss is so easy to use! If you have dry, chapped lips, just thrown this on and it'll not only look glossy, smooth, and beautiful, but it'll leave your lips moisturized for hours after you take it off! I usually cannot be bothered to re-apply lip products once they wear off, or have issues with glosses wearing away too fast, or getting caught on my dry lips, but this gloss I'm excited to re-apply because the texture is gorgeous, the colors are gorgeous and they last a long time with added moisturizing benefit! I wear the shade Radiant Rose almost daily, but I'm trying to alternate more with Vibrant Raspberry. I definitely want to get more shades for fall as the weather gets cooler. This gloss is easily accessible in drugstores and online and they're at a good price point as well.

Q: What are the cons?
A: Absolutely none!

Q: Would I repurchase?
A: Yes! I can't wait to get more shades as we move further into fall and winter.

Conclusion: If you are at all into lip products, you need to try these! Even if you're not usually into lip products, but have dry lips, you need to try these. Actually, on second thought... everyone needs to try this amazing range of glosses! 


As always, thank you all so much for reading; please leave me any questions/concerns in a comment down below, and if you have tried these glosses, let me know what you think! See you all tomorrow with another post. :)


Comments